Donald Trump’s Walk of Fame star smashed

Presidential hopeful Donald Trump is certainly divisive and his outspoken campaign means he has made lots of new enemies.
Now, it appears one, or more, of those enemies has decided to show how they feel by smashing Mr Trump’s star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
The star was put in place nearly a decade ago when Mr Trump shot to fame as the figurehead of the NBC show The Apprentice, but it has now been completely broken with a sledgehammer.
The person responsible is said to have dressed up as a city construction worker so they would not arouse suspicion while walking around with a sledgehammer and a pick axe.
According to online reports, the man involved gave his name as Jamie Otis and said his intention was to totally remove Trump’s star before auctioning it in a bid to raise money for the women who have accused the Republican of sexual assault.
So far, 11 women have come forward to accuse Mr Trump of groping them or trying to get intimate with them without permission.
However Mr Trump has strongly denied the claims, saying he will be suing his accusers following the election on November 8.
Mr Trump’s star was sited close to the Dolby Theatre on Hollywood Boulevard, but his name and the iconic camera icon at the centre of the star have been totally removed.
The area of pavement where the star once sat was cordoned off to stop pedestrians from tripping up on the now uneven surface.
The vandalism was filmed on a smartphone, although the face of the perpetrator was never shown. By the time police sent a patrol car out to look into reports of vandalism, he had finished what he set out to do and was gone.
Norma Eisenman, an officer with the LAPD, said they were looking for white male who left behind the tools he used along with a construction hat and a vest. She is urging anyone with information to get in touch with officers.
Officers are now looking at surveillance footage taken from local businesses and are looking at submitting a felony vandalism charge.
The damage to Trump’s star, which has been the victim of vandalism before, is an estimated $2,500. A crew from the Hollywood Historic Trust, which operates the Walk of Fame, is said to be planning to fix the star.