An iPhone Charger Electrocutes An Alabama Man While He Was Asleep

While sleeping with his iPhone charging in his bed, a man from Huntsville, Alabama was shocked by 110 volts of electricity. He survived that electrocution.

Electrocuted by an iPhone:

The Washington Post reported that 32-year-old Wiley Day was wearing a dog- chain necklace which acted as a conductor for electricity when it hit his iPhone charger and extension cord while he was asleep on March 22. Day was treated for second- and third-degree burns, as per the paper’s report.

According to the Washington Post, Day was jolted awake from the sock, he fell to the floor, and felt his eyesight fading. He told the paper: “Your body is numb at that point. I guess people would think it would be burning, but in my case I felt a whole lot of pressure around my neck.”

He told the Post that the jolt was “the eeriest, darkest, most demonic thing you could ever experience.”

Electrocution kills:

Eventually, Day was able to rip his necklace off his neck and drove himself to the hospital for treatment.

Benjamin Fail, a physician from Huntsville, Ala. told WAAY TV, “He is lucky to be alive,” and that “Electrocution kills.”

The Post reported that Day now charges his iPhone in his kitchen and is warning others not to charge their electronics in their beds as he did for so long.

He said: “From my experience to others, it is not worth your life charging your electronics in bed. I mean, it’s not worth it. I wouldn’t wish what happened to me on my worst enemy.”